What you need to know before you come to class . . .
Designed to reach dogs and people of . . .
• all backgrounds
• all skill sets
• all experience levels
Nose Work is NOT search and rescue, cadaver searching, narcotic or bomb detection!
How is Nose Work Different Than Other Dog Sports?
Rules for Handlers
Before the Search:
• Hold the dog – no reorientation
• Be quiet – no commands
• Release when the instructor says so
During the Search:
• Give dog freedom of movement.
• Be patient. Trust the dog.
At the Moment of the Find:
• Be quiet!
• Move in to reward the dog
• Party at the box – don’t be stingy!
NEVER PULL THE DOG OFF OF THE SOURCE
Safety Rules & Traffic Pattern
• No interaction with other dogs during class
• One dog in the search area at a time.
• Stairs to enter. Ramp to exit.
• Pee, search, pee whenever possible